Got questions? Of course you do!
Which is why we have answered the most Frequently Asked Questions here. Do have a look, your questions are most likely to be answered here.
Is TSBL a business school ?
Yes of course!
We are a business school specialized for logistics & supply chain education. Apart from certification courses, we also offer an MBA in Enterprise Resource Planning & Supply Chain Management (in academic partnership with a UGC recognized university).
Why should I get trained at TSBL ?
Apart from our world-class curriculum and from-the-industry faculty, here, we don’t stop with training.
We are a recruiting organization for the logistics industry. We facilitate recruitment for our students / professionals in well-paid logistics & supply chain jobs. In fact, we are experts at matching your career aspirations and skillsets to available opportunities in some of the best organisations in India.
Do you have short-term courses?
You bet ! We offer short-term training programmes/courses ranging from two days, 3 months to 6 months.
So you have tie-ups with university?
Ah ! yes. We have partnered with an Indian University to offer our MBA degree in Supply Chain Management.
And yes, it’s UGC recognized!
What is the process to join your training programme?
- Send us a message through our website along with your resume
- Wewill schedule an appointment for you to meet our Career Adviser to discuss your career aspirations
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an admission offer letter + application form
- Submit the application form along with your academic credentials
What is your assessment methodology ?
We assess candidates with personal interviews and testing with objective questions apart from study projects.
Do you offer any discounts or scholarships with respect to your course fees?
Not at the moment, please.
What is ‘Logistics’?
To put it simply—in the business world, ‘logistics’ refers to the coordination function of an organisation that’s responsible for commercially transporting goods/services to fulfil customer requirements in terms of time and place.
What is ‘Supply Chain’?
Here’s the shortest answer:
‘Supply Chain’ refers to the network of business activities that maximizes customer value. For a more detailed answer, please join one of our courses.
What’s the difference between ‘logistics’ and ‘supply chain management’?
- Logistics is a coordinating function of a business. Supply Chain is a strategic function of a business.
- Logistics is focused on space optimization: Supply Chain is focused on network optimization.
- Logistics creates tangible value. Supply Chain creates intangible value.
Do you guarantee placements?
Yes, We do guarantee placements provided you successfully complete our course and assessments to become ready for the industry.
I am a fresher. Will you be able to help me find a job in the logistics industry?
Absolutely ! In fact, we have successfully placed freshers in many of these entry level jobs:
- Warehouse In-Charge
- Packaging Coordinator
- Logistics Analyst
- Customer Support Executive
- Administrative Clerk – Warehouse
- Logistics Sales Representative
- Logistics Trainee
- Material Handler
- Account Executive – Logistics
- Logistics planner
What will be my starting role in the logistics industry?
If you are a fresher, you will most probably be starting as a logistics trainee or as a logistics executive.
Can tell me something about the logistics industry?
Sure, we can tell you lots of things! But, for the sake of brevity, we will say this for now:
- Logistics is a growing industry
- Logistics industry is always on the hunt for potential candidates
- Logistics is a domestic, national, international and global industry
- Jobs in logistics industry are challenging and rewarding
- An understanding about supply chain is essential for logistics professionals to build a successful career
- Academic qualification and professional certifications add immense value in building a career in the logistics industry.
- At some point, logistics professionals tend to evolve into supply chain management roles
What kind of career path can I expect in the logistics industry?
Well, on a normal course of pattern, your career is likely to follow this path:
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Custom Brokerage
- Freight Forwarding
- Customer Service
- Logistics Services – Sales and Support
- Procurement and Purchasing
- Planning and Scheduling
- Supply Chain
What are the different industries recruiting logistics professionals?
Here is the good news: Any business organization that moves products or people requires a logistics professional to handle the operations. So, we can safely say your career opportunities are pretty much endless.
What are the different industries recruiting supply chain professionals?
Any business that needs to manage the supply and demand of their products and services requires a supply chain professional. So, you can imagine the immense career potential in this industry, right?
What are the industry verticals where I can build my career?
With respect to placements, we work with many an organisations in a variety of verticals like:
- Information Technology
- Electrical and Electronics
- Hospitality Services
- Food Processing and Cold Storage
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Supply Chain Consulting
Who are the top logistics companies in India?
Well, based on market capitalization, we can say these are some of the top companies:
- Container Corporation of India
- Aegis Logistics
- VRL Logistics
- Navkar Corporation
- Transport Corporation of India
- TCI Express
- Sical Logistics
- Snowman Logistics
- Tiger Logistics
- Patel Integrated Logistics
- TNT Express
- Agarwal packers and movers
- First Flight
- Globe Express Services
- Aqua Logistics
I’m still not convinced. Are there really so many career opportunities in logistics?
Yes, let’s look at a simple statistic to help you understand your opportunity in this industry:
By the year 2022, the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) estimates that a whopping 24.8 million job opportunities will be available in logistics and supply chain!
So, we assure you that the sky is the limit in terms of career opportunities in supply chain and logistics industry.
Do you offer internships?
Yes, we do offer internships in logistics and supply chain related jobs. The Internships ranges between 3 to 6 months with or without stipend depending on the organisation and the internship job profile.
What are the areas of internship?
We facilitate internships generally in the following areas:
- Warehouse Operations
- Business Development
- Transport Operations
- Retail Operations